ONLINE COURSE – FRCPath Part 1, 4 Day Revision Course – 3rd – 6th August 2021
Course bookings are taken via Stripe by 3rd party secure payment gateway, under the company account Uralensis Innov8 Ltd, which manages the Oxbridge Medica website. You will receive a payment and booking confirmation within 24 hours of the booking (Mon-Fri).
If you have any queries please contact:
Email the office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
or if you can't reach the office then feel free to contact:
Course Director: Dr Chaudhry, Consultant Pathologist: email@example.com
The subscriptions are managed by our dedicated, online community website www.pathologyspheres.com which has been purposefully built to manage a range of educational content.
The 'Book Now' button at the top of the page will redirect you to this site for further details and more courses.
The pathologyspheres.com website allows streamed educational video content, quizzes, pdf handouts and issues CPD certificates.
1. Practice MCQs
2. What the examiners are looking for
3. General Pathology and Management
5. The Autopsy
6. Systemic Pathology
7. Basic Science (anatomy, physiology)
8. Special Stains and Immunochemistry
9. Minimum Datasets and Clinical Staging
10. Audit, Stats & Research
11. Molecular Pathology Lung and Heart
12. Gastrointestinal System
13. Liver and Pancreas
18. Head and Neck
20. Soft Tissue and Bone
All lectures will be live streamed, online, across the four days.
• Course aims to cover all the major topic areas of the examination syllabus.
• Excellent feedback from previous courses.
• Trainers have been selected for their expertise within their disciplines, both in their clinical acumen but also their teaching skills.
• The lectures have been recorded from previous courses, some from 2020 and some from 2019 so you can be assured the content is up to date.
Key Features of the Course:
Now accessible online.
• Exam orientated Course.
• Live streamed lectures to provide the opportunity to address and discuss difficult questions via the online questions box and also discussion threads on the website.
• Course attendance certificates.
• ST1, ST2 and ST3 trainees preparing for Histopathology FRCPath Part 1 examination.
£300 for the course. Your booking will be secured with payment of a £75 non-refundable deposit. The remaining balance of £225 is due 1 month before the course. Balance payments are completed through our partner website, pathologyspheres.com. Failure to pay the final balance will result in the delegate losing their place on the course and Oxbridge Medica retaining the non-refundable deposit.
This is a Draft Programme - The Final Programme will be emailed to you prior to the course, once you've registered for the course.
- 09:15 Registration
- 09:30 – 09:50 Welcome
- 09:50 – 10:50 Neuropathology
- 10:50 – 11:00 Break
- 11:00 – 12:00 Neuropathology
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 – 14:00 Heart
- 14:10 – 15:25 Minimum Datasets and Clinical Staging
- 15:25 – 15:45 Break
- 15:45 – 17:00 Management & Basic Science
- 09:00 – 10:20 Uropathology
- 10:20 – 10:30 Break
- 10:30 – 11:25 Lower GI, Liver and Pancreas
- 11:25 - 11:50 Break
- 11:50 – 12:50 Molecular Pathology, Stats & Research
- 13:00 – 13:50 Lunch
- 13:50 - 15:40 Cytopathology
- 15:40 - 16:05 Break
- 16:05 – 17:00 Special Stains and Immunohistochemistry
- 09:00 – 10:00 Head and Neck
- 10:10 – 11:00 Upper GI
- 11:00 – 11:30 Break
- 11:30 – 12:50 The Autopsy
- 12:50 – 13:50 Lunch
- 13:55 – 15:35 Skin
- 15:35 - 15:50 Break
- 15:50 – 17:00 Paediatric Pathology
- 09:00 – 10:00 Soft Tissue and Bone
- 10:10 – 11:00 Lymphoreticular
- 11:00 - 11:20 Break
- 11:20 – 12:20 Gynae Pathology
- 12:20 – 13:20 Lunch
- 13:20 – 14:20 Breast Pathology
- 14:20 – 15:20 Renal
- 15:20 - 15:50 Break
- 15:50 – 16:45 Lungs
- 16:45 – 17:00 Conclusion
Dr Abbie Pugh – Course Director
Dr Abbie Pugh is a Specialist Registrar at New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton in the West Midlands Deanery. She graduated from the University Of Wales College Of Medicine in 2006 and commenced histopathology speciality training in 2008 after completing her Foundation Studies in North Wales. She is actively involved in teaching medical undergraduates at the University of Birmingham and is a School STEM Ambassador. She is currently the Chair of the Trainee Members’ Group of the Association of Clinical Pathologists.
Dr Amani Brown
Dr Amani Brown studied medicine at the Universities of St Andrews and Manchester, graduating in 1998. She worked in several clinical specialties before taking up training posts in histopathology from 2004. She has always found the autopsy work the the most fascinating part of her job and has focused on this aspect since passing her part 2 FRCPath exam in 2010. Dr Brown took up a part-time consultant post at Stepping Hill Hospital, Stockport in October 2012 as a histopathologist with a special interest in post-mortem pathology. Stockport NHS Trust provides a unique district-wide post-mortem service contracted by HM Coroner for South Manchester. Dr Brown is involved in managing and developing this new service and has had regular experience of teaching on the autopsy
Dr Moshin Mazhari
Dr Mohsin Mazhari is a Specialty Doctor in Histopathology at Central Manchester and Manchester Children’s University Hospitals NHS Trust. He qualified from The University of Manchester in 2000 after undertaking a BSc(Hons) in Pathology. His postgraduate pathology training was undertaken in the North Western Deanery. He has an interest in gastrointestinal pathology, autopsies and medical education. He has written questions for and lectured on the FRCPath Part 1 course in 2010.
Dr Leena Joseph
After obtaining her MD in Pathology from India, she came to Manchester UK, where she had further training and obtained her FRC Path. She initially started her consultant job at Macclesfield District hospital, and then later joined the pathology department at University hospitals South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust. Dr. Joseph has been the lead for dermatopathology at UHSM since 2007 and has a special interest in the pathology of skin cancers. Her other areas of subspecialisation are in Cardiothoracic pathology and breast pathology.
Online Course with lectures live streamed across the 4 days.